Important things to consider and review when evaluating a Member’s workflow
when making a decision to transition from DoubleTime to ECDT:
- Rolodex – Buyer and Seller information are not stored in the Rolodex for future use; the ECDT copy file feature is used when Buyer or Seller information is needed from a previous file.
- Documents Edits – Consists of sending the document to Word where manual edits are made; document tags (a/k/a Merge Fields in DT) are disabled at that time. Meaning: If corrections are needed to a document, such as incorrect spelling of buyer name documents would all need to be regenerated after corrections made in the application. If revisions were made previously to those documents, all changes would all be lost.
- Document Customization – Users cannot customize documents on their own and saved within the system; all document customization must be created and uploaded by the MSC Document Taggers.
- Clause Library – Cannot be accessed when working on documents; only available for commitment and policy preparation.
- Title Commitment and Policy Preparation – Firms that create their own commitments and policies will not find the process as smooth as DT; master property feature exists but not as user friendly.
- 1st and 2nd Mortgage Transactions within 1 file: Functionality not available in ECDT; users must create an “A” file for the 2nd mortgage.