Here you will find PDF documents with suggestions to help make your document customization experience less stressful and easier to manage.
New Document Best Practices
A new document qualifies as any document that is currently not available within your E-Closing document library. New documents must be sent to us in Word format, so that we may insert tags which are strings of code that automatically pulls data from your file, onto the form. We ask that submissions follow the best practices below, so that load times are quicker, information pulled is accurate, and it minimizes the overall time spent reviewing.
NOTE: Revision documents that have substantial differences from the version pre-existing in E-Closing should be submitted following these instructions below.
What we look for in New Document requests:
- FORMAT - Ensure that the format type is in a WORD format, NOT PDF as we cannot upload this type and we may reject it. The file extension types would include .doc, .docx, .dot, .dotx, .dotm, and .rtf. If it is not in one of these formats you can double check with us to see if we can work with it.
- NAMING CONVENTION - Please name the form as you would like it to appear within the system.
- Example: DO: Affidavit of Non-Homestead FL.doc NOT: affnonhmstdfl.doc
We will include your company name or shortened version within the document title. This will allow you to distinguish your custom forms from E-Closing’s pre-existing forms.
- Example: EC – Affidavit of Non-Homestead FL
- HIGHLIGHTS/INSERTS/EDITS - If you would like information to pull on a file by file basis, please use RED font or yellow highlight to indicate the information you want to automatically pull from the file. Label them how you want them to appear. PLEASE do not send these with pre-filled info.
Correct – Note that the inserts are simple and descriptive.
RE: Purchase of property located at: Property address
Dear Borrower first names:
Our company is pleased to be representing Lender with regard to your purchase
Incorrect – Information is pre-filled and requires educated guessing.
January 28, 2019 Which date? Current, close, contract date? Which? James W. Harden
Sarah R. Harden
Whose names are these? Borrowers? Sellers? Real Estate Agents? Who? 852 Abbie Dr.
Hooksett, NH 03106
If seller’s address, which one is it? Current, forwarding? Specify, please.
RE: Purchase of property located at: 123 Hehehe Lane, Adger, AL 35006
Dear James W. Harden and Sarah R. Harden:
E-Closing Lite is pleased to be representing 1st Bank of New England with regard to your purchase
- LETTERHEADS/FOOTERS – You can send us your letterhead and footer in either Word or PDF format. If you would like us to load custom forms with these letterheads and footers, please indicate on the requested forms with Letterhead at the top, and Footer at the bottom.
- REVIEW BEFORE SUBMITTING – PLEASE review the forms and try to ensure all documents follow these best practices before submitting them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- QUESTIONS ON DOCUMENTS?– If you have questions or concerns regarding these instructions… we want to help! Please feel free to give us a call at (603) 485-7951. We understand this may take time for you, but relaying your intentions on these forms will help save you time by ensuring the changes you intend are made.
Document Revision Best Practices
We ask that submissions follow the best practices below, so that load times are quicker, information is accurate, and it minimizes time you spend reviewing them after the upload.
What we look for in Revision Requests:
1) NAMING CONVENTION - Send in the exact document name as it is named in the system, along with the document package the document is in. This way we can find and edit the correct document the first time.
- Example: Package: Intro Letters, Name: Buyer Intro Letter
NOTE: We cannot change the name of documents that were already loaded in the system if it is one of ours. (preloaded with your company’s set up)
Auto-populating information – Use something like red font or hand mark the form.
- Word example: 123 Hehehe Lane, Adger, AL PULL ZIPCODE
- Hand marked PDF Scan:
Removing information – Strikethrough/type what you want removed or mark, then scan.
- Word example: TRANSACTION TYPE: Purchase (Remove this)
- Hand marked PDF scan: TRANSACTION TYPE: Purchase Delete this
Inserting new information – Highlight info that you want added and describe where on the form you want this info, by sending a scanned form, edited word copy or describing in the body of the e-mail.
- Word example: Please return the MLC by _____
- Hand marked PDF scan: Please return the MLC by _____
- If by e-mail: Include the verbiage to be added, document name and where specifically we would enter this new info.
NOTE: Revision documents that have substantial differences from the version pre-existing in E-Closing, should be submitted following the New Document Best Practices.
- REVIEW BEFORE SUBMITTING - As always, for best results please review the forms and ensure all documents follow these best practices before submitting them to email@example.com.
- QUESTIONS ON DOCUMENTS? - If you have questions or concerns regarding these instructions… we want to help! Please feel free to give us a call at (603) 485-7951. We understand this may take time for you, but relaying your intentions on these forms will help save you time by ensuring the changes you intend are made.